19.5.07

Rants&Raves: K.Y. is an idiotic swine

I really hate people that waste my time, particularly when they happen to be bureaucrats. When I'm home in the great state of New Jersey, this proves to be a rather marginal problem, seeing as everything is so corrupt that there's nothing that can't get done in five hours, max. My general attention span for problems is about three and half hours. I don't care what it is: if it can't be solved beginning to end in about three and a half hours, it deserves my rage and the full force of my terror.

What I don't understand about the midwest isits honestly. I seriously could not believe that people actually follow any kind of law or rule when I got here. I honestly get the feeling that people get a perverse pleasure out here by watching me squirm. I seriously get that "oh you think you should get special treatment???" look all the time. No, I'm not asking for special treatment, whore, because I in fact think these rules should not apply to anyone. I'm that egalitarian.

Which brings be to the thorn in my proverbial side, K.Y., the mighty and powerful oz at the top of the Mac bureaucracy more commonly known as the study abroad office. Jesus, what a disaster. Starting with the requirement that I make copies of my own application, the whole process has been a royal pain in the ass, start to finish. And KY is just the cherry on top.

Our little personal feud started when I changed my program choice to NYU, as opposed to CIEE or CET. Why? Well for starters CIEE LOST my application, twice--and then had the audacity to claim it was incomplete. And I'm going to trust these morons to handle my housing and visa documentation in an overpopulated, crowded and corrupt Eastern European metropolis? Yea, I would do that just about as fast as I would invite Stevie Wonder to update my hair cut and wardrobe.

KY's biggest objection to the NYU program: no homestay option. Which is exactly why I picked the program. In don't live with my family when I'm in the states, so why would I do so abroad? With strangers. Fuck no. I have this old childhood friend who was in Russia last sem, who only figured out when all of her jewelry grew legs and walked that her host family was stealing from her and selling her belongings on the black market. I happen to like my diamonds. And would like to keep them. Forever.

But oh no, the ridiculous interchange we had over the NYU program--which KY insists is overcharging (!!!!) despite the fact they own all of their housing and classroom buildings and are considered to be one of the top programs in Eastern Europe--was a nice little friendly email from the queen bitch herself, letting me in on the fact that Macalester would not be releasing funds to NYU until the $20 hold on my student account was cleared. As a consequence, I haven't been able to register for classes.

Mac admin, this message goes out to you:
I am never giving you a fucking dollar. You throw a wrench in my life over $20, when my father has paid you over $150,000 in cash? Are you kididng me? i don't care if I make a billion trillion dollars (which I fully intend on doing with my plans for the landlocked riviera) I will never donate a fucking dollar to you.

No comments: